What Is Buffering?
To understand buffering, you must first understand that an IPTV stream isn’t sent directly to a device as is. Instead, the IPTV server issues data “packets.”
These packets are why you can keep streaming for a few seconds after losing your internet connection.
If there’s a delay in sending, receiving, or processing those data packets, it causes your device to pause while it waits for more packets.
The process is called buffering. So, is there a way to fix IPTV buffering problems? That depends on the cause. There are some things you can do to fix the problem, but some are out of your control.
Here are some potential fixes to your buffering woes.
- Turn Off Devices
Having too many devices connected to your network slows the network down, leading to longer loading times. The more computers, games consoles, internet radios, phones, and tablets you have on your network the slower it is.
These devices take a piece of the internet processing speed for themselves. The first step to fixing a buffering stream is to disconnect unnecessary devices.
- Reboot Your Router and IPTV Device
Restarting your router and IPTV device is the next step. You’d be surprised how many issues rebooting your devices fixed.
Sometimes the connection between the devices becomes unsynchronized, so you have to reboot them to restart a clean connection.
- Switch to Wired Internet
Most people connect to the internet through a “Wireless Internet System Provider.” A wireless connection is great if you can’t get a standard cable of 4G service.
However, these systems also suffer from connection and speed issues, particularly in peak hours.
They also slow down during the summer when more people are at home connected to the internet. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do about this problem other than changing the internet provider.
- Understand Minimum Internet Speeds for IPTV
Streaming IPTV takes a stable and decent internet connection. Here are the recommended minimum internet speeds for IPTV:
- 4Mbps for SD content
- 6MBps for HD content
- 25Mbps for Ultra HD content
This is another problem that you can’t do much about. Your internet speed is determined by your ISP and there’s not much you can do to make it faster.
You can pay more for faster internet or switch provider and that’s about it.
- Increase Buffering On Devices
Some IPTV devices let users increase the buffer size. This means that your device downloads more data. You’ll have more room to play with when waiting for more data.
Check the system settings for your box to see if you can change the buffering settings. If you can’t see the setting, try searching online for instructions on how to do so.
- Switch To SD Channels
It takes more effort to stream HD content compared to SD content. If you have a slow internet connection and run into lots of buffering, you should switch to SD channels.
SD channels useless data, meaning that they run smoother than HD channels.
- ISP Rerouting
Your internet connection is governed over by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). It’s well-known that these providers often reroute data through less busy services at times.
The downside is that your connection runs a little slower because data takes longer to reach you.
- Speed Tests
We recommend you run an online speed test to verify your internet connection speeds. You can see if your ISP is throttling your connection or not.
However, some people believe an ISP can tell if you are running a speed test and lift the throttling on your account to give you a false connection speed.
- Connect To The Router
Establishing a wired connection to your router leads to faster and more stable internet compared to a wireless connection.
If your router is too far away from your computer, consider using a “powerline” plug to transmit your connection through electrical lines.
10. Still Buffering
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the channel names that are buffering and one of our team members will get back you.
- Server Quality – Price determines the quality of the service. Many people get caught up with the dirt-cheap pricing and go with services that cost, $6 – $8. As a result, they find it may work for a little while, but at those prices, those servers tend to have issues. Because of the low price, many people jump on board in large numbers, and over time the server gets bogged down with traffic. As a result, the high volume of users on one server creates a surge and a slow down occurs, resulting in freezing and buffering. For better server quality and speeds, a server costing you $15 – $25, with $20 being the sweet spot, is your best bet. These premium servers are well maintained with comprehensive customer service support.
- Get Recommended Equipment – Getting the right equipment will determine your viewing experience. There are so many different types of equipment and it can be quite confusing. To be sure your IPTV streaming is uninterrupted and free of issues, the right box is important. Your IPTV streaming service provider can help you by recommending the best box for their services. They know which boxes are most compatible with their services. Using dedicated IPTV boxes instead of Android boxes with emulators is a first step. Dedicated IPTV boxes are built for live streaming and more IPTV specific features and functions, with no programming required. Android boxes with emulators require programming, this will create issues and is good as long as that app is active.
I bought this Electro IPTV around 2 years back , as one of my friend told me for this. Normally I was very busy because of my work, but now I can realize that this IPTV service have really huge Live channels, movie gallery, and frankly speaking now days a really enjoying this. It’s really nice to have this service. Recommending this to all of the friends.
Best iptv for all south Asian channels like Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu, Bangla and English as well I believe they have more than 3000+ channels and more than 12000 movies in VOD library, my whole family is happy with iptv services, it makes us feel that we are in our motherland and connects us with Punjab, good going, keep it up.
I have been using the service since 3 yrs, very happy with it. If anyone looking for English channels then they should definitely go Electro Tv.
ElectroTv has been a great alternative to cable. There are a few small tweaks that I would like to see but overall very happy with the service. I like the channel options. I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with there service. Customer service was great the one time I had to call.
Superb features they offer! I do not miss my favorite shows anymore because of personal video recorder feature in set-top box. Excellent subscription packages offered by ELECTRO. Never seen such clarity in picture with any IPTV provider. Great technical support…very knowledgeable people and supportive also. Good to be a ELECTRO customer.